Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Belated New Year's Greetings

My best wishes to all for a happy, healthy, productive 2012.
After my experience dealing with excessive magazine purchases when I was packing to move, I vowed I wouldn't buy another magazine for a long time. However, earlier this week I found myself purchasing the British magazines, Selvedge and Debbie Bliss. Both issues had specific articles which convinced me that I should make the investment. (Saying that, perhaps Debbie Bliss's magazine is American.)
I used to have a subscription to Selvedge, and even though it's a quality issue, I found it to be expensive, especially once the extra costs for mailing to Canada were factored in. Plus for me, the content seemed to be either a feast or a famine. This particular issue, #43, I considered a 'feast' and enjoyed reading articles about Welsh knitting, Nottingham lace, butter muslin; linen--I even found a number of the ads to be informative .
2012 has been designated as the 'Year of Creative Scotland'.

No comments: